How To Get Rid Of Mold

How To Get Rid Of Mold In Bathroom? 5 Home Items That Work!

Mold in your bathroom can have a serious impact on your health. People with asthma or allergies may experience more severe symptoms when exposed to mold. Additionally, bathroom mold has been linked to other health conditions such as upper respiratory infections, sinus congestion & infection, eye irritation & inflammation.

Mold Can Give You Cancer

Mold can cause cancer in a number of ways. One way is through the inhalation of its spores. These microscopic particles can get deep into the lungs and release toxins that can damage cells, leading to cancer. Mold can also contaminate food, causing ingestion-related cancers. Finally, mold may cause skin irritation, which could lead to skin cancer if not treated properly.

Mold Thrives in Bathrooms

Mold is a fungus that can be found both indoors and outdoors. Mold spores are tiny, lightweight, and airborne, meaning they travel easily through the air. When mold spores land on a wet surface, they will start to grow and spread. Bathroom mold is one of the most common types of molds because it thrives in moist environments like showers and bathrooms.

There are several ways you can reduce the risk of mold in your bathroom. This post describes how to use either vinegar or borax to remove bathroom mold.

How to Get Rid of Mold In Bathroom With Vinegar

Get a spray bottle and fill it up with white vinegar. Vinegar has mild acidity that can help you to remove mold. Put vinegar in the bottle without even diluting it, as doing so will make it less strong.

Next, spray vinegar onto surfaces affected with mold and let it sit for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, use hot water and wipe the area. Lastly, dry the area using a towel since damp surfaces spur mold growth. Wiping the area is very important.

To prevent mold growth, use white vinegar regularly. More than 82% of mold can be killed with vinegar. So, this is an extremely effective in preventing mold from spreading to your bathroom. In addition, vinegar is a natural solution that leaves out all sorts of toxic chemicals. Doing this on a regular basis will keep your bathroom safe from molding.

How to Get Rid of Mold In Your Bathroom Using Borax

Put a gallon of water in a container and pour one-cup of borax in it. Borax is a natural cleaner and works as an insecticide. Good thing about borax is that it is relatively inexpensive. You can get it at your local store or online.

Get a brush soak it in borax solution and start brushing the surface affected with mold.

Be careful as you apply the cleaning solution or the mold can travel to other areas.

Lastly, remove the solution with water and allow the area to dry out.

How To Get Rid Of Mold Using Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is a great way to get rid of mold. It has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties that make it perfect for removing mold from your home. To use tea tree oil to remove mold, simply add a few drops of the oil to water and spray on the affected area. Let the solution sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing with clean water.

How To Get Rid Of Mold Using Baking Soda

If you have mold in your home, there are several ways to get rid of it using baking soda. One way is to mix one cup of baking soda with three cups of water in a spray bottle and spritz the moldy surface. Let the solution sit for about 15 minutes before scrubbing off the mold with a brush. Another way is to sprinkle baking soda directly onto affected areas and let it sit for awhile before sweeping it up or vacuuming it away. Baking soda is also effective at getting rid of musty mold.

How To Get Rid Of Mold Using Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide is one of the most effective and affordable options. To use hydrogen peroxide to get rid of mold:

1) Mix equal parts water and 3% hydrogen peroxide together in a spray bottle.

2) Spray the mixture directly onto any areas with visible mold growth.

3) Let the solution sit for 10-15 minutes before using a wet/dry vacuum or sponge to clean it up.

4) Repeat as necessary until all signs of mold are gone

(Main picture by SurFeRGiRL30)

Leave a Reply