Why you need the best car camping tent? The reason is that car camping is the process in which you load up everything for camping in the car and arrive at the campsite. If you are planning for car camping then here are some tips that can make your camping memorable.
Tips on Buying Best Car Camping Tent
Why you need a car camping tent
Tent and camping are closely related to each other. You may not need a tent for visits that are completed within the same day. But you will require a tent when your camping extends more than a day and you need to retire comfortably in an abode. Best car camping tent takes care of the needs of all in the party effectively.
Where to use car camping tent
In the United States, you can use the local parks around the country. In addition; you can also choose one of the dispersed camping areas identified by the State Government concerned.
Best camping tent for comfortable resting
It will not be the best experience driving onto the camping site and sleeping in the car. This will also be impossible if you are camping with family and/or friends. When you use the best camping tent instead you will find a home away from home where you and others can rest comfortably.
Rest close to your car in the tent and keep the car covered
Car camping involves packing all the necessities including the tent in your car to the campsite. You can set up the tent near the car and you can keep the car covered as well. However, if you decide to camp in one of the approved parks then you can park your car nearby keeping it safe as well.
No need to dispense with items you prefer
One of the best things about car camping is that it does not involve hiking or backpacking. Therefore you need not worry about the loads you pack in the car for camping. You can carry mattresses and enough food and drinks for camping.
You should focus on the best tents for backpacking and car camping
Since you are relieved of the necessity for balancing the loads while car camping, you should focus on getting one of the best tents for backpacking. This will help in making the car camping most comfortable and unforgettable for you.
Choose the right campsite for setting up the best car camping tent
There are different types of camping grounds for car camping. Examples are –
- RV sites saddled with 50 amp electrical circuit breakers as well as running water;
- Regular tent sites with electricity and water supply; and
- Primitive tent sites with a fire ring and picnic table.
Choose one according to your preferences and budget.
Top Picks for Best Car Camping Tents
Here are the descriptions of some of the best car camping tents for you.
This is one of the best car camping tents marketed by the HUI LINGYANG brand. It is also ideal for outdoor camping. The tent is double layered and waterproof. The tent can be used for 4 seasons without change. Its features are –
- It can accommodate up to 5 persons;
- The pole material is iron;
- The double-layer waterproof tent gives adequate protection from rain;
- It has one bedroom and one living room, and the dimensions are 300x300x240 cm.
The tent is easy to set up and the lightweight tent can be installed in just one minute.
Kelty Grand Mesa 4 is easy to set up and also easy to pack up. It is listed in the ranks of best family camping tents with a car. Its features are –
- It is excellent using in warm weather;
- The tent also gives protection in rainy weather;
- It is also the best car camping tent for the couples;
- This tent can accommodate 4 persons but is ideal for 2 with a small child and/or pets;
- Mess walls enable free passage of wind inside the tent; and
- It comes with a rain fly giving the dwellers privacy and protection.
Eureka Copper Canyon LX 6 is considered by many as the best tent for family car camping. Its features are-
- The tent is spacious making it comfortable;
- It is versatile and can be used in different ways;
- It has all features that a family needs including protection from rain and therefore is considered as the best waterproof family tent; and
- The tent is durable and the price is affordable.
While it is designed for accommodating 6 persons it is ideal for 4 including 2 adults and 2 children and also for storing the camping gear.
REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent is a little expensive but when its advantages are considered you will not hesitate to put it on the list of best car camping tents around. The main features of the tent are –
- It is stronger and sturdier than most other tents available in the market;
- It comes with a full rain cover;
- The tent has a spacious vestibule;
- Its higher strength is due to the use of re-enforced pole structure;
The tent is one of the best for use of the entire family. You can use the tent for an outing even when climatic conditions are not good. The highlight of the tent is its two large doors.
Coleman 6-Person Instant Cabin with the quick setup is ideal for family car camping especially when you have children and pets around. Its features are-
- The tent is spacious and comes at an affordable price;
- It comes with pre-attached poles;
- Setup or dismantling takes only 2 minutes;
- The tent has smaller windows as well as fewer pockets;
- The roof is solid and it does not have any standalone fly; and
- It is a simple dome-style tent.
The tent is one of the best sellers in the market. It is also the best car camping tent that can be used anywhere including your backyard.
The bottom line of all these is that if you are planning for car camping you will need someplace to relax and rest when night falls. The best car camping tent can resolve all such issues. Such tents will enable you to enjoy an environment that is like a home away from home. The only precaution to take is following the Covid19 pandemic guidelines while enjoying your car camping.