Dandruff can lead to hair loss, dryness and cracking of the skin on the scalp, an increase in oil production on the scalp, and an inability to retain moisture in the hair shafts. It causes the scalp to itch, flake, and become red and irritated. In severe cases, dandruff may also cause fungal overgrowth on the scalp which can lead to infection.
What Causes Dandruff?
First, we must understand what causes dandruff is in order to get rid of them. Dandruff can be caused by a variety of factors, including dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. According to Ayurveda, dandruff is called Darunaka and is considered one of the minor diseases.
Poor personal hygiene
Oily scalp (excess oil)
Poor hair care products
Chemical residues of cosmetic products
Skin infections or problems like psoriasis
Weather and climatic change
Stress and anxiety
What Ayurveda says How Dandruff is Caused
Direct and excess exposure to sunlight
Intake of sour tasting food
Dust and pollution
Poor hair washing and hair conditioning
Not applying enough oil to the scalp
What Prolonged Dandruff Problems Can Do To Your Scalp
Numbness of scalp
Cracking of skin on the scalp
Extreme dryness of skin that leads to powdery appearance
Burning sensation and pricking sensation
Scalp heaviness and more
How to Get Rid of Dandruff Using 6 Natural Ayurvedic Treatment Methods
These methods are very effective and it gives quick remedy. The Ayurvedic dandruff treatment cures the itchiness and dryness of scalp and will also help grow your hair.
1. Make a paste of amla powder and tulsi leaves. Massage the paste on the scalp and leave it for an hour or two. Wash your hair with lukewarm water and repeat this procedure every week for healthy and dandruff free hair. Amla works as a great dandruff treatment and it nourishes the scalp.
2. Separate the egg white from the yolk and add 10 drops of lemon juice to the egg white. Mix it well, apply the paste on the scalp, and wash it after 10 minutes. Repeat this dandruff treatment every week and you will see immediate results.
3. Heat 4 tablespoons of coconut oil along with camphor oil. Mix it well and apply it on the scalp when the oil is warm. Wash your hair with a mild organic shampoo for better results.
4. Aloe vera is a great dandruff treatment. You can apply fresh pulp of aloe vera on the affected areas for great results.
5. Add a few neem leaves to water and wash your hair. The neem leaves are a good disinfectants and will reduce the itchiness and dryness of scalp.
6. Fenugreek is an effective dandruff treatment and it controls hair fall and baldness. Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them into a fine paste. Apply the sticky paste on the hair and wash it after an hour. Repeat this twice a week and you enjoy the awesome result.
Washing your hair every two days with ayurvedic shampoo and following a healthy diet is the right dandruff treatment suggested by Ayurvedic experts. Maintain your hair the natural way and follow the diet and personal hygiene strictly in order to see the difference in no time. If you are experiencing a severe case of dandruff, it is important to seek treatment from a doctor or dermatologist as soon as possible.
High Waisted Sports Butt Booster$42.00
Brushed Nylon Sports Training Shorts$34.00
Plus Size Lingerie See Through Open Net Thong Cut Teddy Fishnet BodysuitProduct on sale
Womens High Waisted Flare Bell Bottom Jeans$60.00
Womens Safari Jacket Hooded Utility$68.00
Fifth Degree® Weed T Shirt$25.00
Fifth Degree® Heart Weed T Shirt$25.00
Low Impact Medium Support Racerback Sports Bra$28.00
5 Piece Resistance Training Band Set$22.00
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells$429.00
Hawk Sports Karate Uniform for Kids & Adults Lightweight$25.99
Fifth Degree® Jamaica Slogan T Shirt$28.00
Fifth Degree® Jamaica Slogan T Shirt$28.00
Fifth Degree® Jamaica Heart T-Shirt Jamaican Flag Tee$28.00
Fifth Degree® Jamaica Map T Shirt$28.00
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Fifth Degree assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.