Curried goat is a popular Caribbean dish that is packed with bold flavors and spices. Traditionally, it is cooked low and slow on the stove or in the oven, but today we’ll show you how to make a delicious curried goat using a slow cooker. This recipe is perfect for those who love spicy food and are looking for a warm, hearty meal that is easy to prepare.
- 2 pounds goat meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- In a slow cooker, add the goat meat, diced onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the goat meat and mix well to ensure the meat is coated evenly.
- Pour the chicken broth and coconut milk over the goat meat.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water to make a slurry.
- Stir the slurry into the slow cooker and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the curried goat hot over a bed of rice or with a side of roti.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy your spicy and delicious slow cooker curried goat!
This slow cooker curried goat recipe is an easy and flavorful way to enjoy this traditional Caribbean dish. The spices and flavors are blended perfectly and cooking it low and slow in the slow cooker makes it incredibly tender and juicy. This dish is perfect for entertaining or for a warm and hearty meal at home. So, next time you’re in the mood for something spicy and flavorful, give this curried goat recipe a try!
Curried Goat Slow Cooker Video Recipe
HOW TO COOK AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT WITH A JAMAICAN! Have you ever tried The Real Jamaican Curried Goat? I am not talking about ‘Jamaican Style Curried Goat’, I am talking about Curried Goat cooked by a ‘Real Jamaican’ who knows how to cook! If not, you need to grab my recipe now and get at it! It is just easy and authentic! My Curried Goat is always a hit with my family and my friends.
Recipe 5 lbs of Goat Meat 2 large White Onions, shredded 2 large Cloves of Garlic, shredded 1/2 to 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper Thyme, fresh or dry 1/2 cup water Curry Powder My Homemade Curry
Season the Goat Meat and put in the refrigerator to marinate for 8 to 12 hours Slow cook in a Slow Cooker with water Add small potato cubes about an hour before meat is done TASTE TEST FOR SPICE ALONG THE WAY!