Rasta history fashion clothing came into the mainstream when famous Jamaican singer and songwriter Bob Marley made it popular on TV. What most people do not realize about rasta history fashion is that there is much more behind this rasta culture than simply being somebody’s fashion choice. It is rather, a symbol of the Rastafarian movement, history, and culture all combined into one.
Who is Haile Selassie and What Does Rasta History Fashion Have To Do With It?
Rastafari movement, is a belief system that follows Haile Selassie, emperor of Ethiopia from 1930 to 1974. Haile Selassie was part of Solomonic dynasty. His royal line (through his father’s mother) descended from the Shewan Amhara Solomonic King, Sahle Selassie.
Colors of Rasta History Fashion
These colors also played an important part in the Marcus Garvey movement, who was a Jamaican political figure who lived between the years 1887 and 1940. He is viewed by followers of Rasta as a religious prophet, and is held in high regard for catalyzing the movement of African exodus back to Africa.
This complexity and meaning of the Rasta movement is often overlooked as people often choose to imitate their clothing style or indulge in cannabis use believe that smoking is all there is to Rastafarianism.
Finding a Rasta Dress Embodying These Ideals is Hard
Finding a real rasta dress embodying all these ideas was a difficult task. However, we were able to find some dresses that are available online which closely resembles these ideas. So check them out below and see if these rasta dresses are something you are looking for.
Clossy London Rasta Multicolour Work Dress Side Slit Ladies String mesh Fishnet Midi
- 100% Cotton
- Crew Neck closure
- Machine Wash
- XS Length: 46 inches (117 cm) Chest: 26-30 Inches (66-76 cm) approx
- A placement mesh dress featuring vibrant colour stripes, a touchably-soft fabric, and slits on both sides around the bikini line
- Made from lightweight virgin 100% Egyptian cotton, this delicate crochet cover-up features short sleeves and a crew neck.
- Created in sheer fishnet, it features a round neckline and black trim taping. Layer over your favorite swimsuit and team with simple sandals. This rasta collection is created using sustainable fabric alternatives, including responsibly sourced organic cotton a planet-friendly alternative to viscose and polyester.
- All Seasons, Short Sleeve, Beach Dress