If you buy jeans which are a good fit, you’ll look great and the same applies to plus size women, but you need to shop in the right places. So, follow this guide to where to buy the best fitting jeans for women.
Of course, you can go to your local shopping mall and there will be plenty of places selling jeans in all different shapes and sizes, but many women prefer to do their shopping online in the comfort of their own homes, and without the hassle and embarrassment of communal changing rooms.
Another advantage of online stores is that they don’t have the overheads of retail shops and they can buy in great quantity as they’re servicing the whole country, so, very often, they pass on their savings to their customers. In addition, they can afford to stock a greater range of products so you get a better choice.
Consequently I’ve chosen only online stores which specialise in plus size clothing as you’ll get a much better fit and range of sizes than from stores which cater for all sizes.
The down side of shopping on the internet is that you may be sending your hard-earned cash to some scammer, but the stores I’m recommending are reputable and you’ll be sure to find the best fitting jeans for women.
1. Addition Elle – Addition Elle has a wide variety of jeans with a fairly good range of colours. Sizes range from 14 to XP and they do provide a useful size and fit guide. Once you get the jeans page up on your screen you can get a quick preview of any single one so you don’t have to mess around changing pages. Prices are mid range. The catalogue will filter by size, colour, price, fit and brand.
2. Penningtons – Penningtons offer a slightly narrower range of jeans with fewer colours than Addition Elle in a similar price range. Sizes go from X to 28P.
3. Amazon.com – Amazon have a huge range of plus size jeans where you’re sure to find the best fitting jeans for women of all ages. They carry the top brands such as Not Your Daughter’s Jeans, Levi’s, Lee, Woman Within and Wallflower. Prices range from around $20 into the $200 area so you pay your money and take your choice.
4. Delia’s – Delia’s catalogue is easy to use as you can filter it by fit, leg style, wash and length. However, the size range is limited as plus sizes only go from 17 to 20 but there’s a really great selection of colours and styles. Prices are low to medium.
Of course there are plenty of retail stores with an online presence such as Fashion Bug, Torrid and Lane Bryant plus a whole lot more.
Tips for Buying the Best Fitting Jeans for Women of All Shape and Size
Jeans is probably the greatest fashion wear to have been ever designed. They were first designed for those who worked in factories, mines, and construction business, as they are tough and do not tear off easily. However, today it has become a must have clothing in every wardrobe, be it for a man or woman.
It is really surprising how women get confused and cannot pick the right ones to match their style and body shape. If you are one of them, then read on and clear your doubts.
Different Kind of Jeans Cut, Washes, Rise and Styles
Jeans come in different cuts and styles available for you to choose from. You just need to find the ones that suit your personality and body type the most, before making a purchase. Some of the most popular jeans cuts, washes, rise, and styles available in the market are as follows:
- Petit jeans: This denim is made for short legged women with a petite figure. Now you do not have to cut them anymore to fit you.
- Skinny jeans: It is figure hugging, and it tightly raps around your legs, allowing you to flaunt your skinny long legs.
- Acid wash jeans: This jean have blotches, and gives a retro look. Looks amazing when styled with bright casual tops or shirts.
- Wide leg jeans: This will give you a retro look of the 70’s. However, you will have to ensure that the ‘wide-leg’ compliments your height and body scale.
- Boyfriend jeans: This denim cut looks best on women with curvy body. However, if you prefer feminine touch, then look for a boyfriend jean, with a sleek silhouette around the legs and the thighs. It looks best when paired with V-necked tee-shirts.
- Ripped jeans: These jeans have always been in style. It gives a cool edge to your overall appearance. However, it makes you look shorter, and widens your body frame, so if you are self conscious body shape, then it is suggested that you avoid wearing horizontal ripped one, and instead go for vertically ripped denims.
- Denim leggings: More popularly known as ‘jegging’, this denim legging is comfortable to wear. It can be teamed with casual tee or a shirt.
What Color Jeans You Must Have?
Navy blue and black jeans for women are a must have, as they are neutral colors and can easily be worn with anything for any occasion.
You can wear jeans of any cut and style, but make sure that you match them with the right accessories, shoes or stilettos. The so called perfect look is your style and how you wear it. As it is rightly said, fashion is comfort, and not following other people blindly.
Common Mistakes Made When Buying Best Fitting Jeans for Women
Jeans are a must-have in any woman’s wardrobe. However, many women find shopping for jeans a stressful affair. Many of the women are forced to wear more than four different types of jeans before finding a pair that fits. Today, office culture is embracing a casual professional vibe. Therefore, it is commonplace to find women wearing jeans to the office. Nevertheless, wardrobe flexibility comes with a great responsibility. The dressing room is the only way to get you the right jeans. Some of the mistakes made by women include:
· Focusing on labels
Many women make the mistake of focusing on labels as opposed to fit. The label may provide important information pertaining to the style and size. It may also say whether the pair is a straight-leg or boot-cut style. However, the definition of boot-cut varies among different manufacturers. When you consider flares, some of the jeans for women flare out more when compared to others. There is no universal chart for sizes and as a result, it is common for a woman to wear a size 10 in a particular brand and 14 in another. When in doubt, it is advisable to try on more than two different sizes.
· Choosing a lighter wash
Color versatility comes handy when you are planning to wear jeans on a night out or when you are trying to wear a business but casual look. For your office wear, it is advisable to choose a darker wash because they look more polished. Furthermore, they are flattering when compared with the lighter wash.
· Wearing mom jeans
When you wear mom jeans, this is likely to age you fast. These taper-legged, light-washed, high-waist jeans may not be good for you. Unfortunately, most women like wearing these types of jeans because they fit different shapes. You are better of choosing some classic jeans, try several pairs until you discover a pair that fits comfortably.
· Wearing daughter’s jeans
Many women make the mistake of wearing a pair of jeans that should be worn by their daughters. Wearing an item that is best worn by a teen is a strong indication that you do not know who you really are. Even if you are looking for the trendiest jeans, wearing younger girl’s jeans makes you look much older.
· Wearing distressed jeans
When you choose distressed jeans with faded spots on the knees or thighs or bleaching on the hips, the distressing only seeks to emphasize this particular body parts. Therefore, if your jeans have faded spots on the thighs, these bleached spots will bring attention to these parts, making them to look bigger.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8143974 http://EzineArticles.com/8910263 http://EzineArticles.com/7256898