Yoga has been touted to be a relaxation technique which is able to tone the mind, body and spirit into
working harmoniously. Many yoga teachers and fitness experts claim that yoga can lead to successful and lasting weight loss.
Any weight loss program is comprised of a healthy diet and regular exercise. However, you have to stick to your program. This is difficult for most people as their often hectic schedules make it hard to find enough exercise time. This is where yoga can be extremely fruitful.
Yoga is a very fast form of deep relaxation. Just the most basic poses and breathing exercises will help you deal with stress and clear your mind. This will affect your state of mind not only toward yourself but your whole life.
The more relaxed you become the better able you will be to to control eating between meals. Deep breathing exercises will help to improve your inner strength as well as your concentration. This will help you stick to your diet and exercise program.
Yoga tones your body and fortifies all of your muscles. It helps to stimulate the glands that secrete
hormones which in turn increases your metabolism. As you attain higher levels of yoga, you get faster at it and find that it becomes easier to work off your excess fat.
If you are extremely overweight, yoga is a very good way of getting back into shape. It not only prepares your mind but also your body for weight loss. If you start your yoga sessions as well as the other required steps to your weight loss program, you will soon experience a lighter you and will begin to lead a much better lifestyle.
Though the practice of Yoga is closely associated to ancient texts, beliefs, and values, it also yields benefits useful for people’s practical daily lives. Here are some reasons why more and more people are practicing Yoga:
1. Yoga relaxes the body and the mind. Even in the midst of stressful environments, Yoga helps control breathing and clears the mind of cluttered thoughts, leaving only deep physical and mental refreshment.
2. Yoga can help normalize body weight. For people who are either overweight or underweight, Yoga Exercises can help achieve the desired weight. The principles of balance and moderation in physical activity and diet under Yoga can also lead to a healthier lifestyle.
3. Yoga improves your resistance to disease. The postures and movements in Yoga massage the internal organs, enhancing blood circulation and functionality, thus, lessening the risk of illness.
4. Yoga increases your energy level and productivity. For as quick as 20 minutes, Yoga can replenish the mind and body with precious energy needed to respond to daily tasks and challenges.
5. Yoga leads to genuine inner contentment and self-actualization. Meditation -one of the aspects of Yoga- focuses the mind, taking it away from the distractions of the highly-materialistic world and leading it to genuine happiness.
Yoga is a method of learning that aims to attain the unity of mind, body, and spirit through these three main Yoga structures: Exercise, Breathing, and Meditation. The exercises of Yoga are designed to put pressure on the Glandular Systems of the body, thereby increasing its efficiency and total health. The body is looked upon as the primary instrument that enables us to work and evolve in the world, a Yoga student; therefore, treats it with great care and respect. The Breathing Techniques are based on the concept that breath is the source of life in the body. Yoga students gently increase their breath control to improve the health and the function of both body and mind. These two systems prepare the body and mind for Meditation, making it easier for students to achieve a quiet mind and be free from everyday stress. Regular daily practice of all three parts of this structure of Yoga produce a clear, bright mind and a strong, capable body.