How to do Utkatasana (Chair Pose): Step-by-Step Instructions
Learn how to do Utkatasana chair pose!
utkata = powerful, fierce
Stand in Tadasana mountain pose. Inhale sweep the arms high bending the knees coming into your chair pose drawing the naval in.
Take a look at your toes make sure you can see them otherwise draw the hips a little further back. breathe naval towards the spine inhale and exhale
When you are ready slowly come back to the mountain pose hands on the side of your body
– Strengthens the ankles, thighs, calves, and spine
– Stretches shoulders and chest
– Stimulates the abdominal organs, diaphragm, and heart
– Reduces flat feet
– Strengthens the back muscles
– Improves posture
– Stimulates the organs of the abdomen and neck
Contraindications and Cautions:
-Low blood pressure
Are you interested in spiritual lessons on losing weight without torturing yourself? Download this e-book called The Health Zen to learn more!