Cooking Jamaican CRISPY Fried Sprats with Escovitch sauce!
Vegetarian Ital Stew Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty vegetarian meal, look no further than ital stew. This traditional Jamaican dish is made with a variety of vegetables and spices, and is perfect for anyone who wants a flavorful, plant-based meal.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps of making a delicious vegetarian ital stew recipe. We’ll cover everything from the ingredients you’ll need to the techniques you’ll use to create a mouth-watering meal. Plus, we’ll include some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your cooking experience.
Let’s get started!
- 2 cups of diced pumpkin
- 2 cups of diced carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by heating the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Next, add the diced pumpkin and carrots to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the grated ginger, dried thyme, and allspice to the pot and stir to combine.
- Pour in the can of coconut milk and vegetable broth and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the stew simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Finally, add the drained and rinsed kidney beans to the pot and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro.
Tips and Tricks for Making Vegetarian Ital Stew Recipe:
- If you don’t have fresh pumpkin on hand, you can use canned pumpkin puree instead.
- You can customize this recipe by adding other vegetables, such as sweet potato, bell peppers, or cabbage.
- For a spicier stew, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or some chopped jalapeño peppers.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, make sure to use a gluten-free vegetable broth.
Now that you know how to make a delicious vegetarian ital stew, it’s time to get cooking! This hearty and flavorful meal is perfect for a cozy night in or for sharing with friends and family. Plus, it’s packed with nutrients and plant-based protein, making it a great option for anyone looking to eat a more vegetarian or vegan diet.
In this video I show you step by step how to cook my Authentic Jamaican National Dish Ackee and Saltfish (codfish) along with green bananas! ACKEE is THE NATIONAL FRUIT of our beautiful Green Isle Of The Indies, Jamaica . Ackee and Saltfish is eaten with a myriad foods. It can be served in sandwiches with any type of bread. Served with cooked or fried dumplings, tubers, cooked green bananas, cooked breadfruit. I LOVE IT BEST WITH SOME GOOD HALF-RIPEN ROASTED BREADFRUIT!
In this vlog I’ll be cooking with my mother or….she’ll be cooking and I’ll record and have a good time lol. before we get to the cooking part we went to the supermarket to get some groceries, we also went to Port Henderson to buy some seafood (fish & conch) You’ll also see Nylah, my baby cousin (she made an appearance several vlogs ago) hope you enjoyed this little cooking Jamaican food vlog with me and my mother. Let me know what you want us to cook next =)
♡ MY PATREON ⊹ Come join my Patreon family, get personalized futures at the end of my videos, 1 on 1 chats, Patreon only updates and more https://www.patreon.com/Bicana
♡ SHOP MY AMAZON STOREFRONT ⊹ https://www.amazon.com/shop/bicana
♡ SOME OTHER VIDEOS YOU SHOULD WATCH ⊹ Weekly Vlog – https://youtu.be/prcLONImL60 ⊹ Bike Ride Out Kingston to Ochi – https://youtu.be/aNd0EH9ngw4 ⊹ Cane River Falls / Solo Traveling – https://youtu.be/Sc0ailHbjGU ⊹ Dinner Date with Mommy + Malik – https://youtu.be/lRfCseIqMUQ
Curried goat is a popular Caribbean dish that is packed with bold flavors and spices. Traditionally, it is cooked low and slow on the stove or in the oven, but today we’ll show you how to make a delicious curried goat using a slow cooker. This recipe is perfect for those who love spicy food and are looking for a warm, hearty meal that is easy to prepare.
- 2 pounds goat meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- In a slow cooker, add the goat meat, diced onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the goat meat and mix well to ensure the meat is coated evenly.
- Pour the chicken broth and coconut milk over the goat meat.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water to make a slurry.
- Stir the slurry into the slow cooker and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the curried goat hot over a bed of rice or with a side of roti.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy your spicy and delicious slow cooker curried goat!
This slow cooker curried goat recipe is an easy and flavorful way to enjoy this traditional Caribbean dish. The spices and flavors are blended perfectly and cooking it low and slow in the slow cooker makes it incredibly tender and juicy. This dish is perfect for entertaining or for a warm and hearty meal at home. So, next time you’re in the mood for something spicy and flavorful, give this curried goat recipe a try!
Curried Goat Slow Cooker Video Recipe
HOW TO COOK AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT WITH A JAMAICAN! Have you ever tried The Real Jamaican Curried Goat? I am not talking about ‘Jamaican Style Curried Goat’, I am talking about Curried Goat cooked by a ‘Real Jamaican’ who knows how to cook! If not, you need to grab my recipe now and get at it! It is just easy and authentic! My Curried Goat is always a hit with my family and my friends.
Recipe 5 lbs of Goat Meat 2 large White Onions, shredded 2 large Cloves of Garlic, shredded 1/2 to 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper Thyme, fresh or dry 1/2 cup water Curry Powder My Homemade Curry
Season the Goat Meat and put in the refrigerator to marinate for 8 to 12 hours Slow cook in a Slow Cooker with water Add small potato cubes about an hour before meat is done TASTE TEST FOR SPICE ALONG THE WAY!
We take you up through Papine in the hillsides of Gordon Town to sample some food from local legend; Shanty Man. Shanty Man has been a staple in the Rastafari and vegan community, serving ital food 6 days a week every week for a number of years. Check out the interview & do remember to head over to the blog for more information http://downdiroad.com
♡ About Me: I am a mother first. A chef, and a nutritionist at https://www.msgoodieskitchen.com/ . I am a Jamaican American from New York City who enjoys cooking traditional Caribbean -Jamaican and American meals for my customers, and family. And, vegan/Ital/pescatarian meals for myself. Through my channel, you will learn how to cook a little bit of everything!
Let’s Work Together: _____________________ ♡ Contact: Msgoodiescateringco@gmail.com ♡ Contact: Business@msgoodieskitchen.com
♡ Need a detox? Download my 7 Day SMOOTHIE RESET E-BOOK TODAY! Loose up to 7 – 10 lbs in 7 Days. Start NOW: https://www.msgoodieskitchen.com/product/the-7-day-smoothie-reset/